Monday, May 7, 2012

The CrAZy CyCle of Marriage.



Surely I know I am not the first to write a review on this wonderful book titled "Love and Respect" By Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. The first few chapters had me sucked in and wondering if this book was specifically made for me. I think not only was it made for me but it was made for just about every marriage out there. The concept is brilliant and biblical as well! To sum this up take a look at this diagram...Doctor Eggerichs calls this the "Crazy Cycle" and until we realize what each spouse desires we will continue to have our go-around on this never ending cycle of doom.."the evil of folly and foolishness of madness." -Ecclesiastes 7:25




It all boils down to this^^^^^...Men want & require respect, as women want & require love. IT IS IN OUR BIBLICAL NATURE. Ephesians 5:33 puts that in to perspective for all of us. Paul writes. "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."
You heard the key secret to a healthy marriage and both respect & the love must be UNCONDITIONAL. Just in case you want the definition to unconditional it goes as follows...without conditions or limitations. ABSOLUTE. Even if neither spouse is deserving of love or respect, you must give it UNCONDITIONALLY. Hard to swallow? It is for me too, but all in all it makes complete sense. We would all do well to follow our God's instructions! He knows whats best for us in every circumstance! :)

1 comment:

  1. Very very TRUE! I loved it! This book was a real eye-opener for me. And I would definately recommend it as well...

    ReplyDelete