Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Martha-A little overly concerned with details





Luke 10:40-41
Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me." But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details"

Take out Martha and insert Leanne there. Yep, that'll do. Oh Martha, how you and I--and the ladies of today's world can and would be lying if they couldn't relate to a tee! (Let's be honest here.) The Lord must find us even more ridiculously silly now a days than before. We try to compete with today's materialistic world. i.e: reality TV shows, celebrities, keeping up with worldly trends, twitter and "pin" our ideal bodies, homes, and clothing like its our job. Our constant contact with people can be our best friend or our worst nightmare. Correct me if I am wrong, or it could just be me but we continually compare one another.

Ladies, lets take Jesus's advice and stop worry about all the small details! These are worldly distractions that can potentially make us lose sight of the big picture which should be trying our best to honor and glorify our Savior Jesus Christ. Let's pray the Lord will take these small details that are insignificant to His plan and banish them away. In Jesus's Name, Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment